Not gonna say anything substantial in this, just providing some links:
- White House press briefing on same-sex marriage.
- A little analysis of that briefing.
- Jon Carroll's daughter comes out.
- Toby pointed to an article about gay Democrats asking for Republican legislators' marital histories.
- USA Today poll shows 83% of nearly 420,000 votes are opposed to the US passing a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage (but I hasten to add that, like all Internet-based surveys, this has approximately the scientific validity of the Necronomicon).
Finally, I think it's worth noting that Bhadrika has suggested a nickname for the Federal Marriage Amendment: the Britney Amendment, in honor of Britney Spears's brief (and heterosexual) marriage.