Here's the promised second set of videos. If you're short on time, skip down to the cute pet videos at the end.
Music videos and such:
- Odd human-puppet-based music video for song "Be Gentle With Me", by band The Boy Least Likely To.
- Swedish pop music video of a song about using IRC. Be sure to watch for the surprise twist ending.
- Animusic: Pipe Dream: cool music-with-computer-animation piece. See also the Animusic site, where you can order DVDs.
- Clip from music video "The Child," featuring a city made out of text, by the same guy who did the Honda "Cog" commercial. (This clip is from the Partizan Lab site.) This used to be the whole piece, I think, but now it's just a brief clip.
- Googlehead, a family music video which, despite the word "Googleheads" and the Google logo variant on the T-shirts, doesn't actually seem to have anything in particular to do with Google.
- Remember the lovely Sony Bravia ad, with all the superballs? Here's a parody of that, which also happens to be an ad for Tango Clear.
(On a vaguely related side note, I was delighted that the iTunes Music Store finally started selling the video for "Take On Me" a couple weeks ago. I bought it immediately, of course. I was going to point to it here, even though it's not free, but it appears to have been removed from the iTMS. Sigh. Maybe some day it'll be back.)
- Music arcade game, like Dance Dance Revolution but using hands instead of feet, and played at very high speed.
- Quick-change artists David and Dania going through a dazzling array of costume changes in seconds.
- William Shatner "sings" "You Did It Your Way" to George Lucas at the 2005 AFI Life Achievement Award tribute to Lucas, plus dancing stormtroopers.
- Prangstgrüp is apparently a college performance/prank group at Columbia. You've probably seen their Start-Up Sound video, which made the rounds a while back; when I first saw it, I had assumed all the students present were actors, but now I'm pretty sure they weren't. The site features several other videos, including Lecture Musical and (my favorite) Reading on a Dream: A Library Musical. (Btw, note that the "Fantastic Iraq" video is just an ad for MoveOn, not a prank or parody.)
- Olympic gold medalist Evgeni Plushenko skating to the Tom Jones song "Sex Bomb". And, um, taking off some of his clothes. There are also some still photos that make slightly clearer what's going on with the odd muscle markings.
- Very short kitten vs. cat clip.
- Kitten vs. laptop (specifically, vs. Apple's Frontrow software).
- Red pandas being impossibly cute. On seeing this, I had to restrain myself from squealing "KAWAIIIII!" out loud. But I was thinking it. This video keeps disappearing from various places; if the link here is broken, try Googling for ["red panda" video kawaii].