Some assorted unrelated items:
- Sauce in the City--"your one-stop shop for gourmet [hot] sauces and more!" Kam and I saw a vehicle with their logo on its side a few weeks back, and I was amused by the name.
- Court decision in verse (PDF): Thayer v. DeWolf, about a tree that was improperly cut down, decision by Judge Ronald A. Goodbread. "[...] unlike the tree, which at least had standing, / The Defendants can't have what they're demanding." Well, okay, only the first page is in verse; but the decision goes on to make assorted tree puns, to delve into the cultural history and significance of the mulberry tree (note 6, p. 4), and to coin a word: the defendant's name is DeWolf, so the decision refers to "the antedewolfian owner" of the property in question (p. 48).
- Twig pointed me to Sock Dreams, "the best sock store in the known universe!" if they do say so themselves. Lots of socks, stockings, tights, leggings, leg warmers, garter belts, gloves, petticoats, etc. The site and the socks are entertaining, stylish, fun, and occasionally sexy.
- TV Tropes is a wiki "catalogue of the tricks of the trade for writing fiction." It's not limited to TV; it also talks about prose fiction, movies, comics, anime, etc. Includes such topics as the Author Filibuster ("Eventually, the question you ask stops being 'Who is John Galt?' and becomes 'When will John Galt shut up?'"), Humans Are Special, the Fragile Speedster, and many many more.
- Mark Strand's poem "Eating Poetry." (It starts: "Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. / There is no happiness like mine. / I have been eating poetry.")
- Not Safe For Work: photo of a woman who really likes cephalopods. Also in the same section, but Completely Safe For Work: either creepy or cute, depending on your point of view, photo of a deep sea glass squid.