I've been reading some good books lately. I have long journal entries partly written in my head about each of them, but haven't managed to sit down and actually write those entries. So, as a placeholder (and to remind me), here are the books I've read in the past few months:
- Think Like a Dinosaur and Other Stories, by James Patrick Kelly
- James Tiptree, Jr.: The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon, by Julie Phillips
- Dangerous Space, by Kelley Eskridge
- Bodies in Motion, by Mary Anne Mohanraj
- Mission Child, by Maureen McHugh
I think there were one or two others, but if so they aren't in any of the stacks of books littering my room. . . . Oh, and there was a fantasy novel that didn't do much for me (not by any of y'all--and anyway not bad, just didn't grab me), but I ended up just skimming that instead of reading the whole thing.
Currently reading Bloodchild, by Octavia Butler, and Michael Tolliver Lives, by Armistead Maupin.
All of the above are recommended, though sometimes with a couple of caveats.