A recent development in email spam subject lines: provocative fake news headlines (often political), some of which are kinda amusing.
Some examples from my recent mail, in no particular order:
- Clinton withdraws support for Obama
- Madonna admits to extra marital affair
- Mccaine vows to remain celibate
- Obama bows out of presidential race
- Spielberg found dead in freak accident
- Eminem found dead in disco toilet
- Obama shows his larger than life manhood [I suppose this one might be of the "nude photos of celebrities" genre instead, but those are pretty much always female celebrities.]
- McCain withdraws from presidential race
- Hilary Clinton castigated in broad daylight
- Talks break down, world war unavoidable [And variant: Third World War has begun]
- USA declares war on Iran [And lots of variants]
I imagine most of y'all have seen some of this kind of thing by now, but I was amused enough to post 'em anyway.
And there are a fair number of real-world news headlines as spam subject lines these days, too. It can sometimes take some time to figure out which is which.