Despite the warm sunshine the past couple days, and ice cream at lunch, I've been intermittently pretty grumpy, which has only been made worse by a variety of computer misbehaviors.
So I was very pleased with a couple of (otherwise unrelated) items that cheered me up this afternoon:
- Sending children through the mail. The idea and quotes are fun, but the best part is the photo. (Thanks to Joe M.) See also US postal experiments and Harriet Russell's puzzle envelopes. (Thanks to Betsy P for the latter.)
- Take On Me: the literal video version. "Ever wish songs just sang what was happening in the music video?" (Thanks, Mary R K!)
- Phantom Tollbooth-style watchdogs at Cute Overload. (Also a ferret in an aviator costume, which reminds me of my zeppelin story.) Oh, and on the literary theme, an Alice-style croquet-ball hedgehog, and (on no theme at all) a hedgehog trying to impersonate a kiwi (or something).
- This one cheered me up a couple days ago: A Softer World on what to do with stock in these dark times.
- And finally, two I Can Has Cheezburger bits featuring big cats: oops... and Ur nose.