« Looking for a voice teacher | Main | Survivors of Suicide Day »

Seven things about me

| No Comments

There's this thing going around on Facebook, where you post some number of pieces of information about yourself that other people might not know, and then you give a number to anyone else who asks for one, and they post that number of items about themselves, and so on.

I accidentally picked up a number the other day, the number seven. I wasn't feeling inspired to write seven things about myself; doing that 25 things about me list a few years ago pretty much satisfied any impulses I might have toward that format. But then I thought about it some more, and I came up with the following list.

  1. My name is from an Old High German word meaning “that guy whose name I can't remember.”
  2. I can turn fifty somersaults in a row, at which point I usually discover that I've somersaulted out of the park and into the middle of the street. Once it was a freeway. Boy were those drivers surprised!
  3. My nose is removable. (My father always claimed that Mr & Mrs Potatohead were somewhere in our ancestry.)
  4. I only use 10% of my brain, because I put the other 90% I'm a box when I was moving once, and couldn't find it afterward.
  5. I have always mistrusted anteaters. Even that nice one who lived in the upstairs apartment when I was a kid and always gave me a dime when she saw me.
  6. My favorite color is blue.
  7. At least one of the items on this list is true. Maybe even two.

Post a comment