Happened across the BustedTees T-shirt company the other day. (Run by the CollegeHumor.com people.) Most of the T-shirt companies I see have a bunch of crass, obnoxious, racist, sexist, and generally nasty shirt slogans; this one has its share of unfortunate shirts, but there are also several I found entertaining, and some surprisingly geeky ones (in a good way).
Most of these are not shirts I would wear (so don't get 'em for me), and some of them seem to me more suited to a greeting card or one-panel comic strip than a T-shirt, but still.
Here are some I was amused by:
- I [heart] Accuracy, for the casually dressed med student/pedant in your life.
- I [foot] Madlibs.
- I <3 <3 <3 Polygamy.
- God's Volcano Project, for science fair participants.
- Viva la Evolución!
- Viva la [Dance Dance] Revolution
- The word Greece, with a British flag over it. It's possible this is some kind of political statement, in which case never mind; I was just amused by the surreal juxtaposition.
- Cinco de Mayo, for whitebread Spanish speakers.
- Faux Paw.
- Picture of a flower lei, with this caption: I went to Hawaii and I got sex. It's a Secret Yet!
- The word Soccer, with a picture of an American football over it. I'm not quite sure how to classify this; it's sort of a roundabout not-quite-pun, kind of like a double Secret Yet.
- A horse playing a basketball game called HUMAN.
- Hugs AND Drugs. As the description line puts it, "Why choose one or the other, when you can have both?!"