(last modified 1/20/97)
- Short for "convention." sf cons are the glue that holds the sf world together: places for fans and creators to meet, talk, interact, have parties.
- sf songs. Filk can refer
to lyrics and/or music written by an sf author or fan; or it can refer to
any new set of lyrics written to be sung to an existing tune. The term
derives from a smeared mimeograph that printed "folksong" so it looked like
"filksong." I'll provide a link to some filk pages when I get a chance.
- Gamemaster. The person who runs an RPG.
- Internet Service Provider.
- Roleplaying game. A cross between improv
acting and group storytelling, sometimes using dice to introduce random
elements into the story.
- science fiction, or speculative fiction (can
include fantasy, horror, and so on).
Jed Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>