blick and fulguration

The "bleak," also known as the "blay" and the "blick," is a particular "small European river fish," according to Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary.

But what interests me more is that "blick" is also defined as "fulguration."

Which, in turn, is "the act or process of flashing like lightning," according to MW10. I would not have thought that enough things flashed like lightning to require a whole word for it.

"Fulguration" can also refer to "electrodesiccation," which (as you might expect) is desiccation by means of electricity.

I imagine I came across "fulguration" in some Bradbury story, probably Something Wicked This Way Comes if nothing else. But I don't think I've seen "blick" before.