While I was digging through piles of paper earlier, I kept coming across fortune-cookie fortunes. I once wrote a column about fortune cookies; the below items are probably most of the ones I've saved since writing that column. My criterion for saving a given fortune is simple and sophomoric: is it at least mildly entertaining when followed by ". . . in bed!"?
- A cheerful message is on its way to you.
- The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
- Life to you is a dashing and bold adventure.
- Stop searching forever. Happiness is just next to you.
- The time is right to make new friends.
- With integrity and consistency—your credits are piling up.
- You are contemplative and analytical by nature.
- You are soon going to change your present line of work.
- You are very expressive and positive in words, act, and feeling.
- Your present plans are going to succeed.
Happy events will take place shortly in your home.