Mary Anne pointed out that I haven't posted since shortly after my arrival in Chicago last weekend. I've been intermittently working on (and adding to) the long queue of journal entries that await posting, but I thought I should toss in a quick placeholder to say hi, I'm still here, still planning to post some more entries soon.
Very brief recap of past week:
- Fireworks with M and her friends at the lake on the 3rd. Cool. One million people. Food from KFC.
- At some point during Chicago trip, saw Cafe au Lait with M. Excellent French poly movie; totally charming, very funny, highly recommended.
- Too Much Light with M on the 4th. Great as usual. Bought two books of their plays, plus a DVD (!!!) of a performance. Amazing fireworks all over the city afterward.
- Overall, it was a really good Chicago trip.
- Flew home on the 5th. Kam picked me up, and was very patient with the very long wait for my luggage.
- Back to work on the 6th.
- Last night, Superman Returns with Kam.
- Today, read some subs, did a little bit of yard work, practiced poi, worked out some new approaches to coping with email spam, and got a start on my backlogged dishes.
- Tonight, a "33 1/3" birthday party, which I'm late to, so I really oughtta get going.
- Tomorrow, brunch with MB&B, followed perhaps by a video game convention with Kam (featuring a bunch of '80s arcade games, as I understand it), possibly followed by Pirates of the Caribbean II. And I ought to read some subs and do some editing somewhere in there.
- Lots of thoughts and discussions mixed into the above about author gender in sf and various other issues currently making the rounds in the blogs.
- Also some reading; nearly done with Bastard Out of Carolina, for example.
More on most of those items to follow eventually.