A set of links in search of a theme.
- Interactive map showing where Americans are moving from and to.
- The first self-replicator in the game of Life.
- Top 400 writers under the age of 1. (In case you don't get it, this is a joke on the New Yorker's “20 Under 40” list.)
- Why distraction is not a problem faced only by tech users.
- Newsweek covers the zombie attack. Best bit: “A Newsweek spokeswoman, Jan M. Angilella, said that programmers had hidden the 'Easter egg' on the site to have 'a bit of fun' and that 'now that we've all had a laugh, we will be removing it.'” I imagine her saying that very stiffly, through gritted teeth, with a forced and brittle attempt at laughter afterward; I suspect it's corpspeak for “We're furious about this (and will attempt to fire those responsible), but if I say that, we'll be accused of having no sense of humor.”
- A history of World Cup match balls.
- Suddenly everyone is linking to Hyperbole and a Half. I'm now no exception; my favorite of the ones I've seen so far is “This Is Why I'll Never Be an Adult.” So true! Of so many of us!