It's that time again: my browser's getting slow from all the videos in open windows. So here's a bunch of unrelated videos for you:
- 3D projection onto a pile of boxes. Gorgeous. (4 min)
- Gir from Invader Zim sings the Doom Song. (47 sec) I've never watched Invader Zim, but this makes me want to.
- Man climbs into his life-sized R2-D2 replica and drives it around his driveway. (1 min)
- A bunch of nifty lightning videos, some in slow motion and some in time-lapse. (15 sec to 3 min)
- “Complete History of the Soviet Union, Arranged to the Melody of Tetris,” a music video by a group called Pig with the Face of a Boy (“the world's best neo-post-post-music hall anti-folk band”). I suspect people who played the relevant versions of Tetris will enjoy this even more than I did. (7 min)
- Human-powered-monorail racing. (2 min 30 sec) The New Zealand company that made this system, Shweeb, has just become one of the winners of Google's Project 10^100 contest. Brad Templeton discusses Shweeb (text, not video) from a Personal Rapid Transit perspective.
- Guy skates on roller coaster track. (30 sec)
- Leo Laporte discusses the making of that Old Spice commercial (the “Look at your man. Now back to me” one) with the guys who wrote it. (20 min)
- Speaking of that ad: Grover appears in “Smell Like a Monster.” (1 min)