What I’ve been doing lately
Assorted abbreviated notes on some things I’ve been up to lately:
- Formatting the ebook version of Cyrano de Bergerac. Done with Act 3, started Act 4.
- Writing an intro for this coming week’s special issue of Strange Horizons, about chosen families.
- Sewing a headband, and working on how best to improve the way that my batik wall hanging hangs. (No advice, please.)
- Doing bits of financial planning.
- Closing browser tabs (which is why I posted so many items on FB yesterday).
- Having an electrician fix some things and install some things.
- Playing some games.
- Beginning to learn lockpicking.
- Practicing piano.
- Trying out Kast and Netflix Party, for watching video at the same time as someone else from a remote location.
- Dealing with some stressful day-job stuff.
- Reading (mostly on Twitter) about a whole bunch of #MeToo-type issues that have come up lately in comics, sf, and other circles.
- Reading Hugo-nominated novels, and writing up notes about them. (The deadline for Hugo voting appears to be July 15, just over two weeks from now!)
- Acquiring and reading nearly all of Ursula K. Le Guin’s picture books.