This week in my family history project:
A letter from Peter preparing for a visit from his parents; a placeholder postcard from Marcy; a note from me to say that two of the foster kids had bullied me once; and a pair of letters from Marcy giving updates on all sorts of topics—the foster kids, the garden, bicycling, vacations, etc.
- May 26, 1974
- Peter makes plans for a visit from George and Helen.
- “Our delight was boundless when we learned that you could get away for a week to come & visit us.”
- July 11, 1974
- A placeholder postcard saying that a letter is coming soon.
- July 12, 1974
- A note to let George and Helen know that two of the foster kids had bullied me once.
- August 16, 1974
- General life updates from Marcy, on a fairly wide variety of topics.
- “How I would love to be typing this[,] so you could read it as well as having it—but ya can’t have everything, I guess.”