Favorite TV title sequences?
What are your favorite TV-show title sequences? (Opening and/or closing titles.)
I’m primarily interested in hearing about sequences where you like the visuals; I think focusing primarily on the audio can too easily turn into “What’s your favorite TV theme song?”, which I feel like is a different question.
And I’m specifically interested in hearing about TV shows rather than movies.
General content warning: a lot of title sequences include violent or disturbing imagery.
Some of my favorites:
- I remember finding the opening titles for Six Feet Under appropriately creepy and unsettling. I still do, though I don’t like them quite as much as I did at the time. (See also this interview with director/designer Danny Yount—may include some spoilers for the whole series.)
- I loved the titles for the Mirror Universe episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise, though they only made sense if you were familiar with the regular-universe title sequence and with the idea of the Mirror Universe. (…And the computer graphics are pretty dated at this point.)
- I really like the titles for Westworld—especially season 1, but also the other seasons.
- Ms. Marvel (both opening and closing credits sequences). For example: opening titles for ep 4.
- Motherland: Fort Salem.
- The Expanse. (I think that’s the title sequence for season 1; it changed some in later seasons.)
What about you?
(It’s fine if you don’t love the ones that I or others here love, but I’m much more interested in hearing about your favorites than in hearing about ones that you don’t like. If someone here says they like something, and you don’t like that thing, there’s no need to tell them that you don’t like it.)