There's this thing going around on Facebook, where you post some number of pieces of information about yourself that other people might not know, and then you give a number to anyone else who asks for one, and they post that number of items about themselves, and so on.
I accidentally picked up a number the other day, the number seven. I wasn't feeling inspired to write seven things about myself; doing that 25 things about me list a few years ago pretty much satisfied any impulses I might have toward that format. But then I thought about it some more, and I came up with the following list.
- My name is from an Old High German word meaning “that guy whose name I can't remember.”
- I can turn fifty somersaults in a row, at which point I usually discover that I've somersaulted out of the park and into the middle of the street. Once it was a freeway. Boy were those drivers surprised!
- My nose is removable. (My father always claimed that Mr & Mrs Potatohead were somewhere in our ancestry.)
- I only use 10% of my brain, because I put the other 90% I'm a box when I was moving once, and couldn't find it afterward.
- I have always mistrusted anteaters. Even that nice one who lived in the upstairs apartment when I was a kid and always gave me a dime when she saw me.
- My favorite color is blue.
- At least one of the items on this list is true. Maybe even two.