The Types of Jed Posts
An incomplete catalog, in no particular order.
(I’m making fun of myself a little bit with this, but only fondly and gently; I’m not chastising myself here, just observing patterns.)
- Here’s a dream I had last night.
- Cool new tech development!
- I had a mildly bad customer service experience, and I’m so furious and outraged about it that I feel the need to tell you all about it in excruciating detail.
- Here’s what I’ve been up to lately.
- When was the first occurrence of this trope in fiction?
- I’m mildly sick. (No advice, please.)
- Someone in the speculative fiction world is behaving badly. Again.
- I have come up with a pun, which I will now share with you.
- Here’s a game that I like.
- Space is pretty.
- Here’s a historical injustice that I didn’t previously know about.
- I’m looking forward to this forthcoming movie or TV show!
- Here’s a batch of Words & Stuff posts from a month ago.
- How do you do this very specific-to-my-situation complicated tech procedure that none of you have likely ever done?
- Here’s a photo of, and/or some info about, an ancestor of mine.
- I am excited/pleased/annoyed by some piece of Apple hardware or software.
- I’m sharing this article only for one tiny side note in it (or the headline), which doesn’t have much to do with the article itself.
- Signal-boosting a post about an effort to improve diversity.
- Someone in the tech world is behaving badly. Again.
- Here’s an article about a candidate or issue that we’ll be voting on in an upcoming election.
- TIL a not-very-important fact that most of you probably already knew.
- Here’s an article about epidemiology and/or SARS-CoV-2 research.
- Reposting something I wrote several years ago on this day.
- Here’s my long and thoughtful commentary on a difficult-to-discuss topic, but I got tangled up in how to say a particular phrase and put the post on hold and never published it, so you’ll probably never see this post.
- Here’s a quote from a book that I’m reading. #CommonplaceBook
- A politician is behaving badly. Again.
- You know that post that’s going around? It’s not true. Here’s a Snopes link debunking it.
- Stuffie Sunday!
- Meta-post about blogging.
(“…and there may be many others, but they haven't been discovered.”)