I’ve fallen a couple of weeks behind in posting links to family-history letters. So here’s a catchup post.
Things I’ve posted in the past couple weeks include a set of daily what-I’m-grateful-for lists from Marcy, a recipe, some pages from my childhood journal (which I used mostly for practicing writing words), a couple of notes from Jay by way of Marcy, and three thank-you-and-life-updates letters from Marcy.
- August, 1974
- A dozen daily lists of things that Marcy was grateful for.
- Date unknown
- Recipe for Turkey Loaf Shepherd’s Pie. The only recipe that I have in Marcy’s handwriting.
- Jed’s journal. In which Jed writes his name, the alphabet, some book titles, and some knock-knock jokes.
- September 3, 1974
- In which we get a foster dog, and Marcy and Robert and the dog do a late-night drive to pick up George from the airport.
- “they’d been adopted by ‘the most wonderful puppy in the world’ but their landlady was very uptight about dogs…”
- September 6, 1974
- More kid art by Jay, with description. This time: ducks, trucks, and dolphins.
- September 28, 1974
- A thank-you note and general life update from Marcy.
- “Peter just gave me a haircut—looks good but it’s a little too short—’Quin got one, too, but Jed is still a longhair.”
- November 18, 1974
- A letter from Marcy during a trip (with me and Jay) to see Marcy’s mother in Philadelphia.
- “Vacations sure are nice—nice when they’re over, too.”
- November(?), 1974
- A note from Jay by way of Marcy.
- “The people that ‘gave’ me my new shoes gave me a balloon, and it never popped, but once it did.”